Public Liability Insurance.

Simply Business

Simply Business

Public Liability : £1,000,000

View our policy details


Sunday 12 May 2013

Moving a ten foot by eight foot greenhouse from Newtyle to Broughty Ferry.

Alison called me asking if I could shift a rather large greenhouse for her, and I was happy to oblige. We met up yesterday (Sunday) morning at the site. We removed all of the glass, and then, using my hammer drill static with a wide chisel bit broke out the concrete anchoring it to the ground. It was a possible lift for two, easy for four. I cut a couple of lengths of four by two and laid them in place on the trailer and we just lifted it straight on, secured with four ratchet straps and four screws. I drove to the Ferry with no problems other than a few stares. When we arrived it was just a simple matter of carrying it 150 metres between four of us over several hedges, gates and fences and it was laid in place.
Not a single sheet of glass was damaged in this operation, and the job, as they say, is a guid ane...
 




No comments:

Post a Comment