Public Liability Insurance.

Simply Business

Simply Business

Public Liability : £1,000,000

View our policy details


Thursday 13 December 2012

Building a Gravel path using Balmullo chips.

Wish I'd taken more pics of this job just to let you nice folks know how much goes into doing a gravel path. The lad had a few dozen terra cotta pavers spare so I dug a channel about 1 mtr from the garage. I filled the channel with a sloppy mix of concrete over a weedproof membrane  and laid the blocks on this. It's a good way to hold the membrane in place, I hate to see gardens where the membrane has found it's way to the surface due to bad workmanship.
Reckon I probably dug out about three tonnes of earth and rubble to do this one. There was no way of getting a machine in so it had to go by hand, into my trailer by wheelbarrow, then taken to the recycling centre and removed using a shovel. Cost a few hundred pounds including materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment